The Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400Hz, manufactured by Wavelight AG. It is the fastest FDA-approved LASIK platform available in the country today!
The Allegretto Wave Eye-Q 400Hz Laser boasts state-of-the-art surgical laser safety, accuracy and customized vision correction. Featuring CUSTOM WAVEFRONT-OPTIMIZED technology for customized corneal ablation, as well as an advanced eye-tracking system, this technology enables IQ Laser Vision’s Medical Director, Dr. Robert T. Lin, to correct each individual’s unique refractive errors while preserving the cornea’s natural shape and minimizing post-procedure effects such as glares and halos.
The Allegretto’s one-of-a-kind eye tracking system is able to automatically adjust to changes in a patient’s pupil size during their procedure. The result is a safe and precise vision correction procedure for every patient. Designed to increase efficiency and enhance patient comfort, the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q delivers 400 treatment pulses per second correcting each patient’s refractive errors within seconds (twice as many as the previous Allegretto 200Hz).
Studies show that surgical complications can be reduced with the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400Hz Laser because of technological improvements which means shorter, but more accurate procedures.
Benefits of the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400Hz
What makes Allegretto Wave® Lasers so special is its unique PerfectPulse Technology®, which is designed to ensure that every ultra-fine laser beam pulse is precisely controlled when sculpting the cornea, or surface of the eye.
PerfectPulse Technology® does this with an advanced high-speed eye-tracking system that follows the eye’s fastest movements and ensures accurate beam placement with 3 different infrared light sources. During the procedure, the stability of every pulse is controlled by a smart-energy program, which automatically balances levels for smoother results.
Wavefront Optimized®LASIK places more pulses in the peripheral area to compensate for energy loss and reflections. This provides a nearly 100% optical zone and a minimized transition zone. At the same time, the natural aspheric shape of the cornea is preserved and the induction of spherical aberrations minimized.
In these treatments the decreasing fluence and reflections are not compensated and the ablation depth in the peripheral area is insufficient. As a result, the transition between the optical zone and the transition zone is less smooth, while the transition zone itself is fairly large. The non-aspheric ablation profile alters the natural corneal shape and induces spherical aberrations.
· Custom WaveFront – Using advanced Custom Wavefront Optimized® technology, the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400 Hz Laser creates a "map" of your eyes and their unique characteristics to assist Dr. Lin in creating a personal vision profile specific for you. This map serves as a guide that helps doctors locate the eye’s exact treatment position, which is one of the most important factors in obtaining a more naturally shaped cornea and therefore an excellent refractive outcome, especially when correcting eyes with high astigmatism.
· Speed – Each "burst" of the Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400Hz Laser lasts mere billionths of a second before the laser shifts to its next position—up to 100 times faster than some lasers. Which means shorter procedure times without increased accuracy.
· Precision – The Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400 Hz Laser uses a small-spot laser beam, which allows LASIK specialists to shape the cornea in finer, more gradual increments for a smoother surface with eye-tracking technology 8 times faster than some of the competition.
· Reliability – The Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q 400 Hz Laser’s integrated cross-line projector provides the surgeon with an exact alignment of the head's and eye's position by generating a red-light cross on the eye for accuracy.
This translates into a reduced risk of post-LASIK complications, such as glare, halos and difficulty with night vision.
Custom LASIK's advantage lies in the area of quality of vision:
Potential also exists for custom LASIK to treat people who have lost best-corrected vision from any past refractive surgery.
While visual outcomes can be similar for wavefront-guided and conventional LASIK, research has linked wavefront-guided procedures to better results in areas such as improved contrast sensitivity.
A study reported in June 2009* found that 84 percent of 324 eyes that underwent wavefront-guided LASIK procedures for myopia with or without astigmatism achieved 20/20 uncorrected vision or better. In specific tests measuring contrast sensitivity and night vision, significant improvement was noted. Custom LASIK was found to induce certain types of aberrations, which did not appear to affect good visual outcomes.
In certain cases, outcomes such as improved night vision with use of wavefront-guided LASIK appear to surpass results that can be achieved with conventional LASIK.
In August 2004, the U.S. Navy announced that patients at its refractive surgery center were achieving better distance vision and night vision after custom LASIK than after traditional LASIK.
In a small study, 88 percent of contrast sensitivity measurements improved after wavefront-guided LASIK, while only 40 percent improved after regular LASIK. This was one month after surgery.
Uncorrected visual acuity of 20/20 or better was achieved by similar numbers, however: 72 percent of the wavefront group and 70 percent of the regular LASIK group. The study was published in the March 2004 issue of Ophthalmology, the clinical journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.
At IQ Laser Vision, results from Micro-LASIK procedures, using the Allegretto Wavelight Eye-Q 400Hz, show a proven track record of happy patients.
· Allegretto Wave® Eye-Q – http://www.alconsurgical.com/wavelight-allegretto-wave-eye-Q-laser.aspx
Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved
Robert T. Lin, M.D. performs MICRO-LASIK®, Laser Vision correction, Lasik Eye Surgery, Lasek, Intacs and Visian ICL in Los Angeles and Orange County California.
18725 Gale Ave. Suite 1401-888-539-2211
City of Industry CA 91748 US
IQ News Info