Young adults are always on the go. From your day job and post-work meetups; hanging out with friends and changing the world; having adventures and making a difference. You 18-44 year olds don’t have the time to sit still and worry about poor vision. But yours is also the age group when eye problems often begin to emerge much more noticeably.
So what can you do when your vision clarity is failing you, at the stage of your life when you demand it to be at its best? Consider this your quick-guide to better vision care—written just for you.
Be aware of your vision care needs
Also called Myopia, nearsightedness occurs when the eye is shaped too long. Some researchers suspect that the sharp increase in nearsightedness over the last 30 years could be directly tied to increased computer usage. With nearsightedness, you can see clearly up close, but your distance vision will be blurred. Symptoms include difficulty reading signs while driving, headaches, squinting to see in the distance and eye strain.
Also known as Hyperopia, this condition results from having a short eyeball, or misshapen lens. Because it focuses light and images behind the retina rather than directly on it, close up images become blurred, though distance vision may be great. Symptoms may include headaches, eye strain, squinting and blurred up-close vision.
Astigmatism, another blurry-eye condition, is due to a misshapen eyeball and often occurs in conjunction with myopia and hyperopia. Because of the irregular shape of the cornea or lens, the eye isn’t able to focus light on a single point—making vision blurry no matter if you’re looking near or far.
Your recommended vision care treatment plan
Our team of experts at IQ Laser Vision knows that when there’s so much life to experience, you just don’t have time to sit still or bother with glasses and contact lenses. That’s why our innovative solutions for vision care focus on not only treating your eyes, but eliminating the need for corrective solutions (like glasses) that keep you from living life to the fullest.
The main goal of our vision care treatments for these often age-specific conditions is to reshape your lens through refractive surgery. This can be accomplished through a number of innovative procedures that provide longer-term solutions than glasses and contacts.
- Topography-Guided Custom Micro-LASIK™: Pioneered in part by our very own Dr. Robert Lin, this nationally- and internationally-acclaimed technique improves results and safety of LASIK.
- SMILE: This gentle technique uses a laser to make a very small and precise opening in the eye that reshapes it to allow light to focus properly.
- All LASER LASIK[VB1] : A technique that uses a special laser rather than a blade to create a corneal flap.
- PRK: Before there was LASIK there was PRK. This original laser solution is typically used to treat nearsightedness.
- Visian ICL: (Implantable Collamer Lens) provides clearer vision for patients with high prescriptions for nearsightedness (myopia).
- LASEK: This technique is often recommended for nearsighted patients with thin corneas.
If you are 18-44 years old, and you’re finding that your less-than-clear vision is slowing you down, take heart. You’re not alone. And you don’t have to just suffer through it. We’ve got the solutions to help you dive deeper into life and maintain your active lifestyle—glasses-free.
Ready to start your journey toward clearer vision? Contact IQ Laser Vision today to schedule a free consultation and see what treatment options are right for you.